2019 Love My Liberty July 4th Celebration – Thursday, July 4th from 6-10 PM at the Liberty Recreation Stadium on Highway 93.
On behalf of the City of Liberty and Liberty Festivals and Events, we invite you to participate in the fifth annual 2019 Love My Liberty July 4th Celebration. The celebration is on Thursday, July 4 at 6:00 pm (until after the fireworks) at the Liberty Recreation football field. The event will be bigger and better than ever!
Dress in your festive red, white and blue attire, bring your lawn chairs, your coolers with your favorite non-alcoholic beverages and come out and enjoy FREE hot dogs, bottled water, snow cones, face painter, and balloon twister.
Community-wide attendance has increased each year. We anticipate even more people to join us this year. We have increased the number of items the community can enjoy for free including more than twice as many free hot dogs! Those attending will be able to enjoy:
- FREE Fireworks, hot dog, bottled water & snow cones
- FREE Bouncy houses & water inflatable
- FREE Face painter, balloon twister and lots of kids activities
- FREE Live music from Split Shot
- Cornhole tournament (fundraiser for Liberty Rec) & Emma KAPPS Bike Parade
- Plus much more!
Live Music! (6:00 pm) Returning to the Love My Liberty stage is the Upstate’s very own SplitShot, an award-winning variety band and one of the most popular in the Carolinas.
More Food! If you’re not in the mood for a hot dog, we’ll have additional food available for purchase:
- Smitty’s Smokin’ Soulfood will be at the celebration. Smitty’s delicious, mouth-watering BBQ has been nominated for two categories–Best Caterer and Best Soulfood- in the “2019 Best of the Upstate.”
- If you get in the mood for an ice cream to cool off during the July evening, M&R Ice Cream will be in their new truck selling novelty, packaged ice cream.
- The Liberty High School Band Booster Club will provide a variety of concessions including chips, soft drinks and popcorn to raise money for our band program in Liberty.
Emma KAPPs Bike Parade! (7:00-ish pm/during the band’s first break) Kids are encouraged to bring their decorated bikes and scooters to the celebration for a fun, one-lap parade around the track. They should also wear their safety helmets!
This annual children’s bike parade is very special to our community. It honors the life and memory of Emma Boughman. The Boughman family annually visits Liberty’s local elementary schools to provide safety helmets to first graders to promote bicycle safety. KAPPS stands for Kids Are Precious People.
Cornhole Tournament! (6:30 pm) Grab a friend and join the cornhole tournament. Register to play for $20 per team/$10 per person. Proceeds benefit the Liberty Recreation Department.
Kids Activities! Kids will have loads of fun! We’ll have four free bouncy houses and one free water inflatable (so be prepared to get wet). Kids will be able to get a free face painting, free twisted balloon and free rock to paint. We’ll have loads of jumbo games to play: UNO, Yahtzee, Connect Four, chess, checkers, Sorry!, Dominoes, and more!
- Sack Race
- Marshmallow Spoon Pass
- Hula Hoop
- Jump Rope
- Dizzy Bat Race
- Three-legged Race
Patriotic Costume Contest! Show the spirit of the holiday by dressing up in red, white and blue to win the best patriotic costume contest. Come on out dressed up as your favorite patriotic hero or in patriotic colors!
Age Categories are: 10 and under, 11-18 and 19 and over. Judges will be selected randomly from the community attendees. Prizes will be awarded to one winner in each age category.
Grand Finale! And for the grand finale, a spectacular fireworks show that will light up the Liberty night sky! This year’s event promises to be bigger and better than ever! Bring your family and friends to freely celebrate our nation’s independence with Liberty.
Participate! We invite you to participate in Love My Liberty:
- If you’re a business, church or organization, join us at the event (for free) wearing patriotic colors and decorate your canopy. While at the event, provide a give-a-way and/or a fun game for children and/or adults. If you attend with a canopy, please do not use spikes in the football field. The spikes might damage the irrigation system. Bring weights for the canopy. Set up by 5:00 pm.
- Become a $200 to $1000 sponsor for the free food and free kids’ activities. We will promote you on social media, our website, and with signage at the event.
- Volunteer at the event with the kids activities and/or distributing hot dogs.
- Put out an American flag(s) and patriotic decorations at your homes and businesses. We are hoping to see lots of flags around town!
- Share news about the event and on social media. You can share the event from Liberty Festivals & Events Facebook page.
- Contact Erica at 864-320-0867 or Brandon at 864-245-1446 to let us know if you’re joining us, sponsoring and/or volunteering.
More Details! The Liberty Recreation Football Field is located along Hwy 93 (also called Main Street) at 251 N. Hillcrest Street next to Liberty Elementary School. Gates open at 5:30 pm. Free parking. No pets. No smoking or vaping. No alcoholic beverages. Rain or shine.
We hope to see you there!